Be Free Course
A fascinating 5-week course to understand how the ego and mind function to create our anxieties and suffering, and how through study and exact meditation skills you can become free from the troubles of anxiety and worry in the mind.
STUDY FROM THE PATANJALI YOGA SUTRAS, PRACTICE "KNOWLEDGE YOGA" AND LEARN TO BE FREE FROM YOUR MIND'S WORRIES AND ANXIETIES.
Learn a map of the mind and understand how to stay clear and happy.
Open to all. Practice and study of the important philosophy and meditation skills described in the key sanskrit text on meditation. Padma expertly and clearly guides you through philosophy, practices, and the real-life application of how this wisdom tradition can lead you to joy!
You’ll understand with Padma’s simple “Map of the Ego” how effectively to work through the obstacles that keep you from enjoying life as you desire to. This is a study of meditation philosophy, but with years of real life living experience of how it really works for you.
Learn incredibly effective yogic psychology, and practise to become a master of your mind rather than being overwhelmed by it. This workshop will reveal the core functioning of the mind and let you become free from habitual negative thinking patterns.
You’ll explore the universal functions and nature of the mind, and how the mind’s habits can create happiness or suffering. You’ll explore topics relative to real life situations. In this 5-week course, you’ll practise time-tested meditation methods that expand your experience of natural joy and freedom.
This course focuses on the key verses of classical meditation text, the Patanjali Yoga Sutras. This is the quintessential meditators’ text of techniques and psychological understanding to become free from suffering, depression and anxiety. Padma expertly extracts the most useful and effective wisdom from this meditation research, and presents the clearest knowledge and most effective skills that take you towards your own ability to be free.
Each week for 5 weeks you’ll receive these:
- VIDEO – 40 minutes (link to Vimeo) including:
- Introduction Talk (approx. 5 minutes)
- Philosophy Talk of the week (approx. 15 minutes)
- Sanskrit Word of the Week (approx. 5 minutes)
- Meditation Class (approx. 15 minutes)
- AUDIO – 20+ minute Audio mp3 of a Guided Meditation for daily practice during the week. This is downloadable for you to listen to on your computer or phone or as you like.
- MANUAL – 6 page Manual with the contents of the week’s topics, including:
- Writings on Topics
- A list of activities
- Additional notes on the topics
25 hours of Study and Practice over 5 weeks.
- The Inner Instrument of the Mind
- Five Kinds of Perception
- Structure of the Ego
- The Main Emotional Obstacles
- Skills of Discernment and Freedom
- Watchfulness Meditation
- Philosophical Understanding
- Sanskrit Terms and Chanting